Information We Collect; Tracking Policies:
You can visit the Site without providing any personal data. The term “personal data” includes any information that enables the identification of a natural person, such as your name, physical address, email address and phone number and behavior. If you choose not to provide any personal data (which is perfectly acceptable), please understand you may not be able to use certain of the Services. When you interact with us through the Site, we may collect personal data, non-personal data and other information from you, all as described below:
1. Personal Data That You Provide Through the Services:
We may collect personal data from you when you voluntarily provide such information, such as when you contact us with inquiries, submit loan applications, register for access to the Services or use certain Services. This personal data may include, for example, personal information required to verify your identity, personal and financial information to assess your eligibility to borrow money through us or one of our business partners, personal information you may wish to share in furtherance of your goals in using our Services, and information about your visits to and use of this Site to help us maintain the appropriate features, functionality and user experience.
Certain personal information must be supplied during the loan application process through the “Apply Now” feature on our Site. This basic personal information may include:
- Your name
- Your email address
- Your telephone number
- A description of the property you own; and
- Other Information relevant to your loan request.
2. Non-Identifiable & Aggregated Personal Data:
When you visit the Site or interact with us through the Services, we receive and store certain personally non-identifiable information (such as your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit, and page views through the use of log files). Such information, which is collected passively using various technologies, cannot presently be used to specifically identify you. We may store such information itself or such information may be included in databases owned and maintained by our affiliates, agents or service providers. It is possible that third parties may collect certain similar information about your computer and other pages you may visit when you visit our Site.
Our Use of Your Personal Data and Other Information:
- Contact you to discuss your loan request or other inquiries;
- Maintain regular communications with you concerning transactions you initiate, such as requesting information or assistance, submitting a loan request, etc.; and
- To inform you about new product offers, carry out online surveys, or initiate similar measures aimed towards improving our Site and Services.
With respect to non-personal data that is gathered when you visit the Site or interact with us through the Services, we may use such information to help us improve the content and functionality of the Services, to better understand our users and to improve the Services. We may also use such data and pool it with other information to track, for example the total number visitors to our Site, the number of visitors to each page of our Site, and the domain names of our visitors’ Internet service providers. In an ongoing effort to better understand and serve the users of the Services, we may choose to conduct research on our customer demographics, interest and behavior based on the personal data and other information provided to us. This research may be compiled and analyzed on an aggregate basis, and we may choose to share this aggregate data with our affiliates, agents and business partners. This aggregate information does not identify you personally. We may also disclose aggregated user statistics in order to describe our services to current and prospective business partners, and to other third parties for other lawful purposes.
Finally, we may use this information to contact you in the future to tell you about services we believe will be of interest to you. If at any time you wish not to receive any future marketing communications or you wish to have your name deleted from our mailing lists, please contact us as indicated below. When you register on our Site you may receive emails that confirm specific actions you requested. For example, you may receive notifications confirming your registration, the successful verification of email addresses, and confirmation of successful submissions of loan requests. You may also receive progress updates on the status of loan requests. These are transactional notifications that you cannot opt out of receiving, as they are in place to protect the security of your account and your personal information. We may also send you responses to emails you send us, if appropriate or applicable. From time to time, we may also send user surveys, requests for user feedback regarding user experience and site operations or marketing offers from us. The completion of these surveys or requests for feedback or acceptance of any offer is strictly voluntary. If you do not wish to receive these offers, surveys or user feedback emails, please opt out in any offer email you receive from us.
HOW AND WHEN YOUR INFORMATION IS SHARED WITH OTHER PARTIES:
We consider your information and personal data to be an important part of our relationship with you. As indicated above, we are not in the business of selling your data. However, you should be aware that there are circumstances in which we may share (not sell) your information and personal data with certain third parties without further notice to you, including, but not limited to, those set forth below:
- Business Transfers: As we develop our business, we might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, dissolution or similar event, personal data may be part of the transferred assets.
- Agents & Consultants: We, like many businesses, sometimes hire other companies to perform certain business-related functions, including, but not limited to companies that perform services on our behalf in connection with your request for a loan or the funding, sale and/or servicing of your loan.
- Lenders: In submitting a request for a loan product or service offered through this Site, you signify your agreement to proceed you are consenting, acknowledging and agreeing to the disclosure of your personal data with lenders in our network (Lenders) with whom you are or may be matched or to whom we may sell your loan.
- Legal Requirements: We may disclose your personal data if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to (i) comply with a legal obligation, (ii) protect and defend our rights or property, (iii) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of the Services or the public, (iv) protect against legal liability, or (v) limit fraud.
Ownership and Purpose of the Site and Services:
The Site is owned and operated by us and has been created to provide information to you about our Services, including, without limitation, our real estate lending services, wealth management and investment products and services, property management and user forums, and all other related and ancillary services. This Site is a commercial website and is intended for use by commercial real estate owners and borrowers, real estate professionals, investors, and their employees and agents, to obtain information about our commercial financial products and services.
Children and Minors:
Links to Other Web Sites:
We take reasonable steps to protect the personal data provided via the Services from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, no Internet or email transmission is ever fully secure or error free. Please keep this in mind when disclosing any personal data via the Internet. Please refer to the Federal Trade Commission’s website for information about how to protect yourself against identity theft.
Special Notice to California Residents:
- We will not share any personal information about you to the extent prohibited by applicable California law or to the extent your prior consent to share is required by applicable California law; and
- You have the right to request information from us regarding the manner in which we share certain categories of information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. California law gives you the right to send us a request at a designated address to receive the following information:
- the categories of information we disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year;
- the names and addresses of the third parties that received that information; and
- if the nature of the third party’s business cannot be determined from their name, examples of the products or services marketed.
We may provide this information in a standardized format that is not specific to you. The designated e-mail address for these requests is email@example.com.
Compliance with State and Federal Laws:
Other Terms and Conditions:
Your access to and use of the Services is subject to the Terms of Service which can be accessed through the Site and is incorporated herein by reference.
Access to Information; Contacting Us:
To keep your personal data accurate, current, and complete, please contact us as specified below. We will take reasonable steps to update or correct personal data in our possession that you have previously submitted via the Services.
445 Bush Street, Suite 500
San Francisco, CA 94108